Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Chicago Event: Air and Water Show

"Welcome to the largest free air and water show in America."
Rumor has it, over 2 million people came to the 2-day event. I'm not sure if it was quite that big of a turnout, but the beaches were packed. In fact, the event became an air show for me because I wasn't close to being able to see the water.
If you like planes or noise, this was the time for you. There were classic military jets, bombers, and even refueling planes. Various bi-planes flew around doing stunts. Even some of the military jets had some neat tricks. My favorite was one by biplane pilot Sean Tucker who had quite an arsenal of stunts, and fully narrated too.
My only complaint is that the whole event seemed a bit stretched out -- about 6 hours in total and they could have crammed it in to something closer to 2 hours.
Overall, the time was well spent. Even upon finding my kneecaps painfully pink later.

No comments:

Post a Comment